Don’t let the pressure of work bring you down. It’s time to introduce fun back into your working culture.
Here are 5 ground rules to beat negativity, and take the fun back into your workplace.
Five Ground Rules
- Insult No One: Whatever you decide to do to change the morale at your workplace, it cannot come at the expense of one or more of your co-workers. Find ideas and themes that don’t make people feel uncomfortable or insulted.
- Have a Healthy Attitude: As a member of this company, be excited about the prospect of having fun while working. Your positive enthusiasm will be contagious.
- Start Slowly: If there are moral issues in the company, they won’t disappear overnight. If you suddenly go from a dreary workplace to a three-ring circus, your employees will question the validity of your actions.
- Make it Voluntary: Don’t force-feed fun to your co-workers. Some will immediately respond to your cues while others will want more time before they join the fun.
- Don’t Talk About Work: If you do something with your co-workers outside the office, use the time to get to know them better. Even if they’ve been part of your team for years, use the event to catch up. Also, be interested in them and what they’re doing.
A warm, inviting environment that’s conducive to getting work done, is the antidote for the malaise that hovers the work today. Positive energy can change the world.